Why Choose Pavers (Paving Stones) Over Concrete?
Pavers or paving stones area concrete-made substances that are used in making pavements. However, it is 4 times sturdier than concrete. Pavers have long been used in enhancing the beauty of walkway, courtyard, driveway, backyard, pool deck, patio, etc.
Back in 5000 BC, the Cretans built the first paved roads. The Romans built the first paved expressway system more than 1,900 years ago. At earlier times, paving stones were made of clay or sand. Latest paving system uses accurate fabricated concrete interlocking paving stones. These are durable, easy-to-maintain, and are available at a reasonable cost.
Based on paving surface, different types of pavers are there – natural stone, concrete, rubber, clay brick, and grass pavers. Part from that, there are also Mortared block and Mortar less paving systems. Mortared brick type of pavers is nonflexible, rigid, and tends to crack easily. By contrast, mortar less pavers contains sand between ingredients and is used in road-based objects. It is more flexible than Mortared block system and is widely used in the fastest growing paving business.
Paving stones have some certain benefits than concrete. Let us take a look why these stones are preferable to concrete for your walkway.
- Driveway or walkway must be strong and durable so that it lasts for a long time. Pavers will give you such a lasting durability. They are hundred times better than concrete and are easy to repair.
- Using paving stones adds greatly to the look of a walkway. They enhance the beauty of your surroundings by giving it a natural look. Scenic walkways instead of a concrete or brick build one will attract people more. People can beautify their outdoor living space by constructing dazzling walkway, pavement, or patio with pleasantly designed paving stones.
- Paving stones are available in a variety of colors. So, people are open to choose them according to their personal taste and preference.
- Decorating the driveway with admirable pavers will increase the property value. Moreover, it can be done at a low cost.
- Pavers last more than brick or concrete. They are also resistant to earthquake.
The popularity of these stones is increasing day by day. However, you should check the quality before buying pavers from any company. In addition, you should also employ an experienced installer in order to get the most out of them. The beauty and durability of these stones largely depend on their quality and the expertise of the installer.
This informative post on pavers and paving stones has been presented by Peach Country, a leading pavers New Jersey company for the entire region. Check us out online!!